Newbie : Nagios Alerts and email mta!

andre at peixoto.com.br andre at peixoto.com.br
Wed Dec 3 12:22:20 CET 2003

Hello Tom,

        I'm not too good on sendmail either, but what i needed to do here
was to create a sendmail.cf or sendmail.cw file (i don't remember exactly
the correct extension. This was the only thing written in the file (the
hostname of my email server):

paladino.com

this cw or cf file is the way to forward mails using sendmail (i guess).
Please, someone correct me if i'm wrong!

Oh, we needed to configure the paladino.com machine to relay messages from
the hostname of my nagios machine..

André

Tom.Corcoran at meridianp2p.com
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
03/12/03 08:53

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
[Nagios-users] Newbie : Nagios Alerts and email mta!

Hi

As a newbie I have managed to setup Nagios on RH8 OK, howevere I am not
familiar with sendmail or any other linux based email mta, we have a
windows email server on another host. Can someone direct me to the
simplest
solution to forwarding email alerts to my mail server ?

Regards

Tom Corcoran

reporting any issue.