Nagios hosts showing as down

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Wed Dec 3 10:22:24 CET 2003

Dear All,

I have a strange problem with Nagios V1.1 using the plugins from v1.3.1.

I have a remote router which ordinarily is checked by 'check_http' every x
minutes. In some cases the check fails (ADSL) so Nagios will then run the
host check command 'check_tcp'. However in some cases this fails and just
leaves the error message 'check_tcp: unknown argument (null). The majority
of the time though this check runs just fine.

My questions is therefore, what am I doing wrong ? I have been running
Nagios for some time (great stuff Ethan) and this has only cropped up in
the last few months. If anybody has seen this, or can help I would
appreciate it greatly.

Many thanks

Matthew