linux syslog server X Nagios

Carroll, Jim P [PCS] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Aug 27 21:27:28 CEST 2003

[Please follow-up to the list in the future.]

Interesting to see the Syslog-ng Integration Tool.  Noted for
future reference.

You're still describing two somewhat different things.  Let me
take another shot at it:

1) Syslog-ng Integration Tool will pump the syslog output into
   Nagios.  However, other than the usual Nagios functionality
   I don't think you can expect to see any gee-whiz colours or
   symbols.  Still, this looks to be a good alternative to
   using check_log, if that's what you plan to do.

2) Here are some ideas for cranking out syslog with html/colour:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/php-syslog-ng/

This one has explicit support for syslog-ng.  Other possibilities
might be found here:

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=syslog&section=projects&x=0&y=0

Hope this gives you some ideas.

jc