Service alerts for a host that is down

Anders Holm anders.holm at criticalpath.net
Wed Aug 27 08:45:37 CEST 2003

Justin,

why not alert *all* groups that have a service on that host, plus the sysadmin
team when the _box_ goes down?

I mean, if the box goes down, then so does the services, so it might be the
easies way just to alert everyone then that the *box* is down.

If they then don't understand that it means their service is down as well, then
at least you've done what you can.. ;)

//Anders//

--
Anders Holm - Critical Path Technical Support

Contact Details: http://support.criticalpath.net/contact.jsp
New Issues:      technical.support at criticalpath.net
Ongoing Issues:  messaging.support at criticalpath.net
Support Site:    http://support.criticalpath.net/