New Nagios installation

Patrick McShane pem at icdc.com
Mon Aug 25 06:44:01 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I recently built a new Nagios 1.1 system and loaded up quite a few hosts/services including the check_nrpe plugin.   Very slick indeed!!!   Icons/logos/notes oh my....     The VRML screen is cool too when combined with the "parents" attribute.

Shorlty I'll build the MySQL DB connection for more comprehensive state data.

One quick question since starting and watching the Nagios service with a fews days of data (no DB backend yet, just file-based).

When viewing items like Trends/Availability in the "Reporting" section of the main web page, what particular set of service checks should be defined for EACH host (or any TCPIP entity for that matter) to insure that the trend/availability data has "sane" information?   Right now I see most of the hosts showing " 100% Time Undetermined " (gray column).   I have one host that is showing some percentage numbers in the " % Time Up" but I don't know why its showing data and all the others show "100% undetermined".   Can someone help a newby out with this?

Thanks,
Pat McShane
ICDC.COM