Web page not showing hosts that are down

Fred Jordan fjordan at hcs.net
Sat Aug 16 15:11:19 CEST 2003

Running nagios ver 1.0 with 500 hosts and 540 services. Have been running
this  for 9 months or so. Problem just started where we get
 notifications via
email/pager that hosts are down; however the web interface still shows the
hosts as being up.  Seems it recovers in 30 minutes or so on it's own. Seems
the process info says something about nagios not running. I have not been in
the office to see this but more than one logged in user reported this on two
seperate occasions. Seems to occure when 10 or 15 hosts or more all go
down at the same time.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Have checked the nagios log files after
the fact and seen nothing unusual. Checked the Apache log files as well and
have not found anything unusual. Don't know what else to check for or other
places to look. Any ideas?

    Thanks Much,

                Fred Jordan