Nagios keeping track of OS type.

Carroll, Jim P [PCS] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Aug 13 00:18:23 CEST 2003

Assumptions:

- you want the latest o/s version/type reported on-the-fly,
  and automagically
- you're using NRPE

You could create a service on the client which kicks back the
appropriate string.  For example:

command[check_linux_ver]=/bin/cat /proc/version
command[check_solaris_ver]=/bin/uname -a

Note that these will always return 0 (green), unless the NRPE
daemon is unavailable for any reason.

HTH.

jc

http://info.is24.de/web.de