two problems

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Fri Aug 8 17:53:04 CEST 2003

Have you tried restarting nagios since making the config changes as
opposed to a reload? You'll also need to delete the nagios.cmd file you
created by hand before restarting as nagios creates a named pipe with
that name if everything is configured properly. If the answer to that
question is yes, is there anything interesting in nagios.log related to
this?

> Second, one of four servers that are down is sending notification to
me
> once
> every two hours. The other three never send notification, even on a
> reload. The
> host info for each machine is identical (except name of course). How
do I
> make
> sure all hosts that go down send a notification to me?

Assuming as you say that all the host and service definitions are
identical where it matters, you might want to verify that you don't have
multiple copies of nagios running. Stop nagios, ps -ef and see if there
are any. You shouldn't have to and it shouldn't matter in this case, but
while nagios is stopped, you could try deleteing status.sav and restart.

--
Marc