nsca documentation

Dominik L. Borkowski dom at vbi.vt.edu
Fri Aug 8 05:16:49 CEST 2003

Hi,
I've been looking through the documentation and the archives for this mailing
list, yet I'm still very confused: how does one use nsca?

I have currently an 80+ host nagios setup, with one central server, and nrpe
for active checks. The concept behind it is quite simple, and well
documented: server sends out a request to the host, which runs only nrpe and
given plugins. However, what does one use on the remote host with nsca? Do I
have to write a shell script to run all the plugins I need, parse them, and
pipe the output to send_nsca plugin, which in turn will send things to the
nsca daemon on the nagios server? Or do I need nagios running on each host?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated. This is really driving me nuts :)

sincerely,
dom