Utils.pm & Check Breeze.pl

Jamie Baddeley jamie.baddeley at vpc.co.nz
Fri Aug 8 03:14:25 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm hacking around with Check_breeze.pl to use it for an alternative
smnpwalk based check.

I've made the changes, and it's bascially working but for some reason it's
not using the %ERRORS part of the utils.pm module. I tried uncommenting "use
vars($TIMEOUT %ERRORS);" from utils.pm in an effort to fix it, but this just
produces:

Unquoted string "utils" may clash with future reserved word at ./check_cpus
line 8.
Unquoted string "pm" may clash with future reserved word at ./check_cpus
line 8.
Operator or semicolon missing before %ERRORS at
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/utils.pm line 28.
Ambiguous use of % resolved as operator % at
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/utils.pm line 28.
Argument "ERRORS" isn't numeric in modulus (%) at
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/utils.pm line 28.
Use of uninitialized value in modulus (%) at
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/utils.pm line 28.
Illegal modulus zero at /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/utils.pm line 28.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/utils.pm line
28.
Compilation failed in require at ./check_cpus line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./check_cpus line 9.

when I run my hacked script.

I'm not really even a flea on the Perl Camels back when it comes to coding
Perl - so It's got me flummoxed basically.

Is there a good reason why "use vars..." line is commented out?
How does one make it so the %ERRORS part of utils.pm can be called by
another perl script?
Or alternatively have people actually got check_breeze.pl working
successfully (yes I know it's available as a C based plugin)

Please note that other parts of utils.pm is working just fine (i.e.
subroutine support etc) -so I've got the common use lib issue sorted.

Can someone put me out of my misery? :-)

jamie