Distributed monitoring & passive checks

Hochberg, Keith Keith.Hochberg at mtvi.com
Thu Aug 7 17:32:51 CEST 2003

You should see an nsca process on the 'master' or 'central' server.  You
will not see the nsca process on the 'slave' server.

If I were you I would take the following steps:

kill all nagios processes on both servers (make sure all nagios process
indeed die).
Make sure your slave server can telnet to your master server on port
5667
start up nsca on your master server and then nagios
startup Nagios on your slave server
tail -f /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log (or wherever you are logging)
and make sure your master server is recieving the nsca data from the
slave.

also check your nsca configs on both hosts to make sure you have same
settings (encryption, port 5667, etc)

-Keith