Distributed monitoring & passive checks

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Thu Aug 7 14:29:20 CEST 2003

Hi everybody !

I am testing a distributed configuration as menthioned on manual (pag.111).

To be sure to receive info about a service from the ditributed server i stop
nagios on it, but I still have annotation about that service.

I followed all the istructions. It is necessary to see nsca process on the
central server and a send_nsca process on the distributed one? I don't see
any one of them.

I have both systesm on the same network but if i run manually send_mail -H
"ip-address" "cfg.file" i receive this error message:
Connection refused by host
Error: Could not connect to host 10.0.0.37 on port 5667

many thanks
Marco