Decreasing the number of false warnings

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Apr 29 23:24:25 CEST 2003

Depends on how many checks you're running.

During my early trial of Nagios, I was running on a 500 MHz host.  At some point, it just started running out of steam and the checks started to get network timeouts.

This is a completely back-of-the-envelope guesstimate, but if you're running any more than about 300 checks, you might want to consider upgrading to a faster box.

Just my $0.02.

jc