Whoops! error

Gary and El Byrnes elgaz at iprimus.com.au
Fri Apr 25 17:46:34 CEST 2003

Hi

I have just finished configuring all files and did the preflight check that returned 0 errors and 0 warnings. I restarted httpd and started nagios as a deamon, checked with ps if it exists and it does. When I go to the nagios webpage and try to click on any of the links on the left hands side I can only see this error message. I checked that the file is in that location. I can open it with vi.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Whoops!

Error: Could not open CGI config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg' for reading!

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

   1. Make sure you've installed a CGI config file in its proper location. See the error message about for details on where the CGI is expecting to find the configuration file. A sample CGI configuration file (named cgi.cfg) can be found in the sample-config/ subdirectory of the Nagios source code distribution.
   2. Make sure the user your web server is running as has permission to read the CGI config file.