check_ftp gives a critical w/ shorter than warning

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Fri Apr 25 02:55:48 CEST 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 04:29:51PM -0700, Nicholas Bernstein wrote:
> I get critical errors if it takes longer than 10 seconds to check. This
> doesn't make sense to me. I've got the timeout at forty - and the
> warning is at 15 - I'm confused. Giving an error at ten seconds doesn't
> make any sense to me. If anyone can explain it to me, I would be much
> appreciative.

The default timeout for plugins is 10 seconds, defined by common.h:

#define DEFAULT_SOCKET_TIMEOUT  10      /* timeout after 10 seconds */

You can either change that, then recompile whichever plugin is giving
you problems, or recompile all of the plugins to inherit the new
default timeout value.

Benny

--

"Earth first!  Make Mars our bitch!"     -- Dale Dribble, "King Of The Hill"