NSCA troubleshooting

Link King king at kinger.net
Fri Apr 25 00:25:40 CEST 2003

Ok, I think I've got things setup properly but I can't seem to get any
data written to my nagios.cmd file on my central server.  I can tell that
my client machine is sending the info but I get the following message when
I execute a submit_check_result from the commandline:

root at apollo:./submit_check_result testrtr 'PING' OK 'TEST'
0 data packet(s) sent to host successfully.

Am I not testing this properly?  Is there another way to test this?  I can
see that it is connecting to the centeral server as shown in the syslog:

Apr 24 16:31:36 zeus nsca[17401]: Handling the connection...
Apr 24 16:31:37 zeus nsca[17401]: End of connection...

And in the secure log for xinetd:

Apr 24 16:34:06 zeus xinetd[8461]: START: nsca pid=17480 from=10.0.0.1

It just seems like no data is being sent.  How can I test this better?

Link King
king at kinger.net