Problems configuring Nagios with mysql database support

Peter Sauer peter at echtsauer.net
Fri Apr 25 00:19:35 CEST 2003

Hello everybody,

I want to install Nagios-1.0 on my Redhat 7.3 box with mysql-support,
but when I'm running the configure script with option --with-mysql-xdata,
I get the error message that the mysql-library cannot be found on this
system.
I've installt these rpm's:
mysql-3.23.49-3.i386.rpm
mysql-server-3.23.49-3.i386.rpm
mysqlclient9-3.23.22-6.i386.rpm
mysql-devel-3.23.49-3.i386.rpm
The mysqlclient-libs are located in /usr/lib/mysql,
and this directory is also listed in /etc/ld.so.conf.
Does anybody have an idea ?

Kind regards, Peter