multiple addresses

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Apr 24 12:44:36 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 01:21, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> On 23 Apr 2003, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
>
> > While setting up some multi-isp-linked firewalls, I got to thinking it
> > would be great if I could add multiple "addresss" to a host, just like I
> > can put in the multiple parents.  I realize the checks and stuff would
> > have to be modified, but would this be something that could be added?
> >
> > Dan
> >

> You can add multiple IPAddr to a host definitions' address field.  Nagios
> doesn't care what goes in there.
>
> However all the plugins would have to be able to parse the address as
> passeed by the $HOSTADDRESS$ macro.
>
> There was some talk of atleast having check_ping/fping/icmp support this
> notion of comma delimited address in $HOSTADRESS$

In CVS (i.e., 1.3.99) check_ping accepts a comma-separated list of hosts
(or repeated invocations of '-H').

Hadn't really thought about the other plugins. ISTM that check_tcp would
be the next highest priority, because some firewalls block ICMP. Beyond
that, due to Nagios parent-child relationships, there should be much
less need to enhance the other plugins.

--
Karl