Different escalations for day vs night?

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Thu Apr 24 05:31:05 CEST 2003

This feature was originally suggested by Sebastian Ohl and will be
implemented in 2.0 - probably sometime in the next week.  If a
timeperiod is specified in the definition, the escalation will only
be used if the current time is valid within the specified timeperiod.

Also, I will probably be adding (optional) dependency options withing
escalation definitions.  This will allow escalations to be used only
if a host/service is currently in a certain state.

On 22 Apr 2003 at 18:56, Benjamin Feen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here's a fun challenge:
>
> In my environment, we need to have two different escalation schemes:
> one for work hours and one for offhours.
>
> 8AM-9PM M-F:
> 1. Email unixteam
> 2. After 5 minutes, page unixadmin1.
> 3. If unixadmin1 doesn't respond within 15 minutes, page unixadmin2
> 4. If unixadmin2 doesn't respond within (another) 15 minutes, page unixadmin3
>
> The night and weekend schedule is similar, but the delays are 30 minutes.
>
> This kind of thing is pretty common... how are folks implementing split
> schedules like this?
>
> This would all be so easy if you could specify a time period in
> escalations...  is that coming in 2.0? Please? :)
>

> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Benjamin Feen
> benjamin(AT)feen.com