Different escalations for day vs night?

Benjamin Feen benjy at feen.com
Wed Apr 23 03:56:18 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Here's a fun challenge:

In my environment, we need to have two different escalation schemes:
one for work hours and one for offhours.

8AM-9PM M-F:
1. Email unixteam
2. After 5 minutes, page unixadmin1.
3. If unixadmin1 doesn't respond within 15 minutes, page unixadmin2
4. If unixadmin2 doesn't respond within (another) 15 minutes, page unixadmin3

The night and weekend schedule is similar, but the delays are 30 minutes.

This kind of thing is pretty common... how are folks implementing split
schedules like this?

This would all be so easy if you could specify a time period in
escalations...  is that coming in 2.0? Please? :)

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin Feen
benjamin(AT)feen.com
http://www.monkeybagel.com