Hosts and services viewable based on individual authentication

Cian O'Sullivan cian at logic.bm
Wed Apr 23 20:10:11 CEST 2003

Sorry for the attached reply mail.  My BAd.

I am Subhendu has confused me a bit with the contacts.  If I setup a contact for each host, will only the hosts viewable by that contact be visible?

IN otherwords, I add the username and password to my LDAP databse,  They authenticate, and then how does the cgi.cfg read which hosts the user logged in will be able to look at?

I had to hack the cricket cgi to do the same thing (well borrowed a few hacks and added a little garnish on the side)

Is my question making sense?

USER A  logs in, and clicks Status Summary,  it will only show his 3 circuits, and 2 servers, even though Nagios is watching 800 +

Cheers

Cian