RES: NSClient

Sandro Vaz (UOL) sandromergvaz at uol.com.br
Wed Apr 23 17:14:21 CEST 2003

Matthew:

It has been discussed here that NSClient has serious problems regading the
"-v COUNTER" option. Search the previous e-mails and you´ll see.

And trying to monitor Exchange 5.5 mail queues through SNMP, I discovered
that Microsoft SNMP implementation get that values from Performance Monitor
counters. I say it because in one client, Exchange counters were corrupted
and we tried to get them from SNMP instead of NSClient, and only when we
rebuilt the perfmon counters the monitoring worked out.

HTH,

Sandro Vaz