NSClient

Dean Bishop dbishop at ehvert.com
Wed Apr 23 18:30:46 CEST 2003

I have nsclient installed on about 50 servers.  "reliable" might be a bit of
a strong word.  It is working for the most part but there are difficulties:

Sometimes a reboot results in nsclient losing use of the port to another
application
A lot of memory (>4G) can be a problem.
Some versions (1.7.0 or so) are dirty and leave a ton of messages in the
event log

that being said, aside from SNMP, it is the only way to get the information
and the problems can be avoided/ignored/worked around.

It would be great if someone had the time to clean it up and finish a great
idea.

Just my 2cents (keep the change),
dean