ICQ

First Last techlogik at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 18:45:42 CEST 2003

Since ICQ broke pager.icq.com...I can't just forward email alerts with a rule anymore, so I want to send alerts via ICQ directly. Found an old post on this from January...but, I am having the same problem that person did. Nagios, any version does this, Redhat 8. Using vICQ, simple command line ICQ client that you can send a message, and disconnect. This command below works fine from a command prompt.  But, Nagios logs and says it sent the message via ICQ when an alert occurs, but it never does.  Still sends email fine, just never send the ICQ message. In my miscommands config file, this is what I have.  Any ideas? # 'notify-by-icq' command definition
define command{
command_name notify-by-icq
command_line /bin/echo -e "msg ICQnumbertosendto\n *****
Nagios 1.0 *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nServic
e: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$
OUTPUT$ \n." | /usr/local/bin/vicq -o -b
}
Again, from the command prompt, vICQ sends the message to my account and I get the ICQ message popup, of course the variables are blank when it arrives, but Nagios doesn't seem to be running the command and pipe it into the vicq message. Any other methods/suggestions to achieve this if this isn't possible, I would like to entertain those too. Thanks