Scheduling service checks

Mathhew Johnston Mathhew.Johnston at tma.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 11:28:39 CEST 2003

Hi,

	Is it possible to schedule a group of services to be checked at the same time. For example we want to monitor a remote server for HTTP, multiple web site page checks, and other TCP ports to check if the connections are up, and also check DNS lookups on a DNS which is used for this remote server. We would want to have these service checks grouped together so that they are checked at the same time, this way we could see what may have effected the outage of 1 or more services (i.e. DNS lookup failure, Network link failure, single service/web site failure or host failure), at the moment having the services interleaved (even if the services were not interleaved, i.e. 1 at a time the check time between the different services could be to large) it can sometimes be difficult to determine what has failed, especially if it is for a small amount of time (checks based on 3min interval) as the outage may have come back up before the other checks had been run.

Thanks in advance,

Mat.