NSCLIENT "Malformed request or internal error. Check EventLog:Non e&2&1"

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Tue Apr 22 10:36:25 CEST 2003

Stefan,

I too have that problem which seems to be very intermittent. If I reduce
the number of checks or rasie the time between checks then it seems to get
better.

Unfortunately I am not much of a programmer to help - but if you should
find a way around, please let me know !!

Thanks

Matthew

"Schindewolf, Stefan, Infraserv-Hoechst/DE"
<Stefan.Schindewolf at Infraserv.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
17/04/2003 13:37

"'nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net'"
<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>,
"'nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net'"
<nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>, "'rubiyz1047 at swyz.com'"
<rubiyz1047 at swyz.com>
cc

Subject
[Nagios-users] NSCLIENT "Malformed request or internal error. Check
EventLog:Non e&2&1"

Hello.

The problem occurs with NSCLIENT 1.07.1
I received the following error, that has been concerning several people on
the list:

The command line is something like: "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -v CPULOAD -l 1,85,95,5,75,85,15,55,75"
The output is: "Malformed request or internal error. Check
EventLog:None&2&1"
The output of event log is: "Division by zero"

We tracked it down to line 250 in uNSCLIENT.pas:
REQ_CPUTOTAL: FindAnswer:=
IntToStr(CPUBuffer.GetAverage(StrToIntDef(asArgv[2],60)*12));
It must be the GetAverage call because everything else could not raise
this
exception.

We suppose CPUBuffer.GetAverage is a win32 api call !?
Can we sue MS for that "division by zero" stuff?

On some hosts (running service pack 2) there is no problem.
We tried to call the windows performance counters directly
(""/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -v COUNTER ...")
but are only receiving either 100% or 0% CPULOAD, depending on our
parameters.

Has anyone a clue how to workaround it?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Stefan Schindewolf
>
> Infraserv GmbH & Co Höchst KG
> Service Center Informationstechnologie
> D710, D-65926 Frankfurt
> Telefon: (069)305 - 43870
> Fax: (069)305 - 23549
> Mail: stefan.schindewolf at infraserv.com

reporting any issue.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the uuNet Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs.