Prediction

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at lbsltd.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 13:55:25 CEST 2003

Hello,

I've had an idea for a useful plug-in: prediction - e.g. Based on current
hourly/daily/weekly/monthly usage, how many hours/days/months/years will it
take for a device (e.g. disk/avg.cpu/avg. memory/avg. bandwith) to run out
of capacity or reach a set value (e.g. 80% avg cpu usage), and to be able to
set warning and critical values based on this.

I'm not really sure how to implement this as it would obviously have to hold
the history from another plug-in and be able to work out an average value
over a timeperiod and then multiply the value until it reaches a maximum.

Anyone else think that this might be useful - or has anyone already
implemented this? or have any thoughts about how best to go about
implementing this?

Kind regards,
Steve

--