Timeperiod already been defined

Gotner, James jgotner at fhcrc.org
Wed Apr 16 18:23:57 CEST 2003

Error message as stated in original post

Error: Timeperiod 'worktime' has already been defined.
Error: Could not register timeperiod (config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/templates/timeperiods.cfg', line 30)

RELEVANT LINES TAKEN FROM NAGIOS.CFG
-----------------
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/templates/timeperiods.cfg

cfg_dir=/usr/local/nagios/etc/templates/

-----------------------

These are the only things that relate to **any** timeperiod definitions.  If
I rename the timeperiod 'worktime', the error changes accordingly.  If I
delete that definition, then I recieve the exact same error for my other
timeperiod, '24x7'.  I did a grep on all of my template-based config files
for worktime, and it only comes up once in timeperiods.cfg.  I can change it
to 'foobar' and it will still say its already defined.

James Gotner

Security Certified Network Professional
A+ Hardware/Software, Linux+, Network+, i-Net+ Certified Professional
Certified Internet Webmaster Associate

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 16:46, Gotner, James wrote:
> List members,
>
>   I am having no luck getting this going.  I have tried removing the
second
> entry, only to have nagios -v complain about the first entry already being
> defined.  I did a grep on all of my config files and the timeperiods only
> show up in timeperiods.cfg once each.  I have tried changing the
timeperiod
> names and I have tried retyping the config file from scratch and still get
> the same problem...  Could someone look at my config file and tell me if
> there is anything wrong?  I built my config file according to the
> documentation, so I wouldnt think that there is a problem.  Is there a
> problem compiling nagios with gcc that comes with redhat 7.3?  I know
there
> have been intermittent problems with gcc 2.96, since it is actually
redhat's
> version and not supported by the gcc community, and also has caused
problems
> with compiling other programs... Has anyone gotten nagios to work on RH
7.3
> at all?  Has anyone had a problem compiling nagios with gcc v3.2.x, as
that
> will probably be my next step?  Can nagios work under cygwin, so I can
test
> my config files at least?  Thanks for any help...
>
> James Gotner
>
> Security Certified Network Professional
> A+ Hardware/Software, Linux+, Network+, i-Net+ Certified Professional
> Certified Internet Webmaster Associate

| Nicholas Bernstein            | nick at docmagic.com             |
| UNIX Systems Administrator    | http://www.docmagic.com       |
| Document Systems Inc.         |                               |