Hostgroup membership allows to see all services?

Sandro Vaz (UOL) sandromergvaz at uol.com.br
Wed Apr 16 00:38:22 CEST 2003

Hi List, we have a problem os misunderstanding (as usual)...

I have defined more than 330 services for one client, some of them pointing
to database contactgroup, other so operatingsystem contactgroup, and so on.
If you logon as a DBA and go to the "Service definitions", everything is OK
(see just the services related to DB stuff).

But some DBA´s want to use some other visions, as "Status Summary" or
"Status Grid", and had no authorization to see it. Then I created a database
hostgroup, and put all db servers there. But the drawback is that now the
DBA´s see all services in that hosts, not only which they are authorized for
in services.cfg.

Is that behaviour correct?

I´d like that they see only the services they are defined in services.cfg

I´m using Nagios 1.0b6.

TIA very much,

Sandro Vaz

---