Warning: Monitoring process may not be running

john.barro at shaw.ca john.barro at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 15 12:18:32 CEST 2003

...actually, on the machine where Nagios runs fine, I can execute the check_nagios command as the 'nagios' user.  The machine that I am having trouble with, when I execute the check_nagios command as the 'nagios' user, I receive 'Could not locate a running Nagios process!' - although the command works fine when logged in as root.   Any more help would be appreciated....