check_nrpe: could not complete SSL handshake

Tom Bloomfield tom at awprojects.com
Tue Apr 15 02:36:35 CEST 2003

Hi all,
I have compiled and build NRPE on both a nagios daemon and client machine
with no errors.  However, when running check_nrpe as follows from the daemon
machine:
./check_nrpe -t 20 -H somehost.com check_disk

I receive the message:
CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

I have enabled debug logging on the client machine, and see nothing entered
into the log. I have openssl 9.6b installed on both machines.  When running
check_nrpe with no arguments I receive the following information:

Version: 2.0b1
Last Modified: 04-03-2003
License: GPL
SSL/TLS Available: Anonymous DH Mode, OpenSSL 0.9.6 or higher required

That's about all the background information I can think of ;-)  Has anyone
seen this before?

TIA!
Tom