check_host_alive VS. ping service

Edward Chase echase at studentweb.providence.edu
Mon Apr 7 20:01:29 CEST 2003

I'm currently working on the setup of Nagios for our network and am still
in the process of figuring out how it works.

Right now I've got 175 hosts and 179 services being monitored.

I've just noticed that a when a host is being monitored, it is done via
Ping.  Now I've setup Ping checks in services.cfg for all of the
hosts.  This is redundant, yes?

  Edward F. Chase III     |   echase at studentweb providence edu
  Providence College      |   http://studentweb.providence.edu
  Computer Services       |
  Providence, RI  02918   |