NagMIN

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Fri Apr 4 13:29:28 CEST 2003

Fred,

Great stuff !!!! NagMin 1.06 has answered a lot of my previous
problems...apart from one.

I have set the module configuration so that Event handlers are disabled on
all services, but Nagmin still puts the event_handlers line into the
services.cfg file. Consequently Nagfios refuses to activate the config due
to the null event handler value.

Have I missed something ?

BTW - I love the new port scanning options !

Thanks

Matthew

"Fred Reimers" <FReimers at infosysinc.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
03/04/2003 20:07

<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Subject
[Nagios-users] NagMIN 1.0.6 - Tonight

All,

I decided last night to make more changes to NagMIN than I had originally
planned so Release 1.0.6 is delayed until later this evening.  Also, I was
handling the creation of the pull-down menus pretty poorly so I rewrote
it, plus some other changes.  Please read the release notes when it comes
out.

NagMIN 1.0.6 supports all definitions and objects specified in the Nagios
1.0 documentation.  (I broke down and read the manual!).  The database
schema is now stable from an object perspective.  There may still have to
be some tweaking if there's some truncation, but it will only be for
string lengths.

NOTE: There is no upgrade to 1.0.6, you have to start over again.  I made
major changes to the database schema and wasn't able to get the MySQL
ALTER ... AFTER command to work to restructure the tables.  NagMIN
presents the data elements to you in the order they appear in the schema.
My apologies if this is a major inconvenience.

Global key field updating is almost complete.  Alphabetically I've made it
to the service table.  I want to test this as much as possible because
this feature has the ability to corrupt a lot of data quickly.

NagMIN 1.0.6 will contain all of the features for the first stable release
which will be 1.1.0  I'll make any major bug fixes that you turn up but
will be focusing on documentation after this evening.

Fred Reimers (CCIE #1469, CCSA)
Senior Network Consultant
Info Systems, Inc.
freimers at infosysinc.com
(302)993-4532

reporting any issue.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the uuNet Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs.