NagMIN 1.0.6 - Tonight

Fred Reimers FReimers at infosysinc.com
Thu Apr 3 21:07:55 CEST 2003

All,

I decided last night to make more changes to NagMIN than I had originally planned so Release 1.0.6 is delayed until later this evening.  Also, I was handling the creation of the pull-down menus pretty poorly so I rewrote it, plus some other changes.  Please read the release notes when it comes out.

NagMIN 1.0.6 supports all definitions and objects specified in the Nagios 1.0 documentation.  (I broke down and read the manual!).  The database schema is now stable from an object perspective.  There may still have to be some tweaking if there's some truncation, but it will only be for string lengths.

NOTE: There is no upgrade to 1.0.6, you have to start over again.  I made major changes to the database schema and wasn't able to get the MySQL ALTER ... AFTER command to work to restructure the tables.  NagMIN presents the data elements to you in the order they appear in the schema.  My apologies if this is a major inconvenience.

Global key field updating is almost complete.  Alphabetically I've made it to the service table.  I want to test this as much as possible because this feature has the ability to corrupt a lot of data quickly.

NagMIN 1.0.6 will contain all of the features for the first stable release which will be 1.1.0  I'll make any major bug fixes that you turn up but will be focusing on documentation after this evening.

Fred Reimers (CCIE #1469, CCSA)
Senior Network Consultant
Info Systems, Inc.
freimers at infosysinc.com