Notifications by e-mail

Allen Firstenberg prisoner at addventure.com
Wed Apr 2 20:12:55 CEST 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 02:15:05PM -0300, Hugo Rebello wrote:
> When I start the sendmail service the notification is work, but I can't
> start sendmail service in Nagios servers.
> Exist some options on the Nagios for use smtp server of another machine ?
> I want to redirect the notification by email for another machine.

Nagios is very configurable - so configurable that it doesn't actually
handle these issues itself.  All notifications are handed off to a
different program, usually the "mail" program on UNIX.

You can substitute any program you wish, including a program that will
work with an SMTP server on another machine.  This includes the sendmail
program, which does have a way to not run in daemon mode and only send
mail that it gets.

Some people might be able to suggest another program that does this,
or help you if you have a program that does this yourself.  Once you
have identified the program, we can point you at the documentation
for how to configure this, but it is included in the manual.

So the first step in answering your question is finding this program.
And only you have the answer to that since you know your machine.

Allen