Help with newer check_snmp plug-in

Mark Holm mark.holm at inherent.com
Wed Apr 2 03:46:27 CEST 2003

I just upgraded my plug-ins to the newly released 1.3.0 versions and my
checks that used check_snmp broke. I've been playing with this all afternoon
and can't find a combination that works the way it did before. Can somebody
help me with Syntax please?

All this check does is check to see if an interface is up on our Cisco
router. The command that I had before was:

define command {
        command_name    check_router_link
        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG2$ -o
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus.$ARG1$ -e SUBSTR -s up -cv down
}

>From what I can figure out so far the syntax changes are:

* Add a -H for the address
* community string changed to -C
* the string syntax now does whole string or SUBSTR so the -e value went
away.

But what I cannot get is how I specify the correct or incorrect values as
per the -cv option above?

What I have so far is:

define command {
        command_name    check_router_link
        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG2$ -o
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus.$ARG1$ -s up
}

Any help greatly appreciated!

	markh

======-----  ://F2 new technology for real integration -----========
Mark A. Holm - Director of Network Engineering & Operations
Inherent.com, Inc.
2140 SW Jefferson St.             Phone: (503) 224-6751
   Suite 200                              extension 236
Portland, OR 97201                  Fax: (503) 224-8872
<http://www.inherent.com <http://www.inherent.com> >
<mailto:markh at inherent.com <mailto:markh at inherent.com> >