AW: SNMP - Temparuture Monitoring

Verstege, Bernhard Bernhard.Verstege at hik.fzk.de
Tue Apr 1 11:38:36 CEST 2003

Hi,

you have to write a traphandle as desribed in the nagios documentation
wich does a send_nsca. Then you get your environment data as a passive
check result in nagios. It doesn't matter which kind of software
or hardware generates the trap, its just SNMP...
Look at the netbotz MIB to find the OID's of the generated traps.

We use a Sinetica Rack Monitoring System and a thermometer from
"Wieseman und Theis" (www.wut.de) and it works.

Gruss
Bernhard