NRPE peculiarity

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Mon Sep 30 16:56:18 CEST 2002

Definitely not on the Solaris/client side.  And I don't believe that
portsentry is configured on the Nagios/server side.

Please understand these error msgs are quite sporadic, ie, I can't reproduce
them.  Just for giggles, I ran the following script from the Nagios host:

while :
do
  ../libexec/check_nrpe itdmln15 -c check_disk_var -to 30
done

and let it run for 5 mins.  I didn't see it hiccup once.  This is a snippet
of the output:

DISK OK - [781664 kB (81%) free on /dev/vx/dsk/var]
DISK OK - [781680 kB (81%) free on /dev/vx/dsk/var]
DISK OK - [781664 kB (81%) free on /dev/vx/dsk/var]
DISK OK - [781664 kB (81%) free on /dev/vx/dsk/var]

and so on.

Thoughts?

jc