Plugins on an HPUX 11.0 Box

Dave Ault dault at telhio.org
Fri Sep 27 21:33:38 CEST 2002

Hello All,

For starters, I am brand new to Linux/Unix world so please be patient with me.  I found Nagios on the internet and decided to try it out.  Currently, by reading this email list, I have successfully installed Nagios on a RH7.2 box and am monitoring 46 devices and 79 services.  I have found Nagios to be a great tool and now have my staff using it to monitor our systems.

My next step is to monitor a HPUX 11.0 box by way of nrpe.  However, I am having difficulty compiling either the Netsaint or Nagios plugins.  I have read where several of you are monitoring an HP box with nrpe.  Could you please send me the compiled plugins.  nrpe did compile fine and I am using the gcc compiler.  I have also tried check_hprsc, however I don't have snmp running on the HP server.