Feature request...

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Sep 27 16:55:06 CEST 2002

http://your-nagios-server/nagios/docs/templatetricks.html

[quote]

All Hosts In Multiple Hostgroups: If you want to create identical services
that are assigned to all hosts in one or more hostgroups, you can do so by
creating a single service definition. How? The hostgroup_name directive
allows you to specify the name of one or more hostgroups that the service
should be created for:

	define service{
		hostgroup_name		HOSTGROUP1,HOSTGROUP2,...,HOSTGROUPN
		service_description	SOMESERVICE
		other service directives ...
		}

The definition above would create a service called SOMESERVICE on all hosts
that are members of hostgroups HOSTGROUP1 through HOSTGROUPN. All the
instances of the SOMESERVICE service would be identical (i.e. have the same
check command, max check attempts, notification period, etc.).

[end quote]

jc