Notification Interval Problem

Wolfgang Moser w.moser at conova.com
Thu Sep 26 15:12:17 CEST 2002

Hello!!

I have migrated from Netsaint to Nagios 1.0b5, so far everything works fine.

But I have a problem with the notification_interval of my service.
Although the "notification_intervall = 60" in the service.cfg, I get a
second notification just 3 minutes later.

I watched the service for a while and noticed that every time a
notification is send a second notification 3 minutes later is send.
In my case I get every hour two notifications.

As far as I know, with my settings I should get renotified after an
hour, am I right ???????
Do I overlook something important, or is this a Bug ????
I attached my settings!!!!

I would appreciate to get some help.
Thanks in advance

Wolfgang

#### Nagios.cfg ########
I have checked the "interval_length = 60" in my nagios.cfg.

#### SERVICE DEFINITION ######
define service{
         use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

         host_name                       reed
         service_description             DISK
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              10
         normal_check_interval           5
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  unix-admins
         notification_interval           60
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            w,u,c,r
         check_command                   check_disk_reed
         }

###### 'reed' host definition #####
define host{
         use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

         host_name               reed
         alias                   reed
         address                 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
         parents                 someone
         check_command           check-host-alive
         max_check_attempts      5
         notification_interval   99
         notification_period     24x7
         notification_options    d,u,r