check_command - vanilla or w/ arguments?

Bishop, Dean dean.bishop at tcdsb.org
Fri Sep 27 14:28:35 CEST 2002

templates rule!

i set up netsaint with about 1100 hosts (one service/host) and then migrated
to the templates of Nagios.  there is a script that helps do this (takes the
single line method and changes it to the template format) but you still need
to go through and clean up the resulting configs as each of the services
have all parameters specified.

i created about a dozen templates based on contact_groups and check_command
and then spend a day or two redoing my files.

the result is quick changes and easier administration.

hth,
dean