No Access to CGI's for b6

Mark Burring markb at deeptech.com.au
Fri Sep 27 10:33:17 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm having an odd problem where I am continuously locked out of the CGI's with the message

It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested...
If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

No matter how I manipulate cgi.cfg or the Web server I am stuck with this message.

- The web server user can read the status file
- It fails no matter what use_authentication is set to.
- The CGI's will work offline.
- The web server has been reinstalled (Redhat 6.2 RPM apache 1.3.22) with a stock conf which was then modified for Nagios.
- The .htaccess is setup exactly as the documentation says with permissions of 755.

Any help would be great.

Mark