Trouble with the web interface,

John Doak jdoak at lucasarts.com
Thu Sep 26 19:05:24 CEST 2002

I'm having some trouble with the web interface, which seems to be my only
stumbling block with nagios.  I'm experienced with netsaint, but I'm not
sure what the problem is here.  I've entered in the information correctly in
my httpd.conf file.  Saying that wasn't working, I copied my httpd.conf file
from my netsaint server, re-wrote the lines to reflect nagios, and get the
same error:
The Whoops!  Errror:  Could not read host and service status information.

I've done:

1.	Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or status
data errors.

2.	Always verify configuration options using the -v command-line option
before starting or restarting Nagios!

3.	Make sure you've compiled the main program and the CGIs to use the
same status data storage options (i.e. text file or database). If the main
program is storing status data in a text file and the CGIs are trying to
read status data from a database, you'll have problems.

as asked by the "Whoops!" webpage.  Nothing in the log, -v says I'm fine.
The proccess is running, and verified as I'm getting email alerts.  I
compiled the program with the --with-template.......  option, to use
template format.  That should have compiled the cgi's to use the same, as
they are included with the main program.

What's also interesting to note is that the following get the error:
Tactical
Service Detail
Status Map
Host Problems
Comments
Downtime
Proccess Info
Schedueling Queue

The Reporting Cgi's work fine.  And the rest give me a "you dont' have
priveledges" error.  I have disabled authentication in the cgi's, until I
get this working.  When I had it enabled with authentication in apache, I
would be prompted for a username/password, but it would never accept them.
So I've removed .htaccess and the other access files.

My system is RH 7.3, vanilla.  Nagios is the first application running on
it.  Anyone have any ideas?

John G. Doak Jr.
Network Administrator
LucasArts Entertainment