log rotation broken?

Josh Larsen, Monitored Security josh.larsen at monitoredsecurity.com
Wed Sep 25 19:06:03 CEST 2002

Is log rotation broken for anyone else?  I'm usig 1.0b6, log rotation is set to daily.  The log archive (ie, nagios-09-25-2002-00.log) gets written, but the original log file doesn't get zeroed out.  So my archive log files get progressively larger and viewing log data through the web interface shows multiple days worth of data for one day.  I have resorted to a cron job to clear out the working log file after nagios does the rotation.

I don't know if it should matter, but I have nagios logging to /var/log/nagios.log and the archives going to /home/nagios/logs/.

Any ideas?  I've seen some discussion about log rotation in the past, but I can't remember if there was any resolution.

Thanks,
Josh