chek_vsz plugin units

Volker.Aust at premiere.de Volker.Aust at premiere.de
Tue Sep 24 14:39:14 CEST 2002

Hi Atul,

on my system (Solaris 8 x86) check_vsz uses "/bin/ps -Ao 'vsz comm'" to get
the image sizes. On Linux (Redhat 6.x) the command is "/bin/ps -axo 'vsz
comm'". The man page for ps says that the vsz is in kilobytes. You can check
the used command with

strings /your/nagios/dir/libexec/check_vsz | fgrep ps

or

fgrep VSZ_COMMAND /your/plugin/make/dir/plugins/config.h

-vol