squid and nagios

Karl-Fried Eisenhauer keisenhauer at picturesafe.de
Fri Sep 20 10:39:30 CEST 2002

Daniel,

I use this command definition:

check_proxy $USER1$/check_tcp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1234
-s 'GET http://www.someoutside-server.xx HTTP/1.0\n\n' -e 'HTTP/1.0 200 OK' -v
(be careful, all in one line)
-p 1234 is the port th proxy listens on

It will by automagically called with the address of the host definition
(the IP of the proxy server)

My plugin version is:
./check_tcp -V
-> check_tcp (netsaint-plugins 1.2.9-4) 1.20

Works great for me...

-
Kalle