squid and nagios

Olaf Greis greis at grinco.de
Fri Sep 20 09:35:07 CEST 2002

there are two things you can do:

- make squid serve at least one static page (read the squid documentation on
how to do this) an use check_http to fetch this page

- check the accessibility of a diffrent server via the squid proxy (but keep
in mind that this check will give you the warnings about the availibility of
the different server)

check_http -I ip.of.pro.xy -p proxyport -u http://somplace/somewhere/

brgds
  olaf