Service Problem Misrepresentation

Paulo Pinto pspa at gp.novis.pt
Thu Sep 19 18:23:14 CEST 2002

Yep. I've experienced the same problem.
Then I've moved to from my laptop (running W2K+IE6) to my Desktop (running RH + opera) and the problem was gone...

Then I've installed mozilla on my laptop ... and the problem is gone :-)

Then I've cleared the IE's cache, and the problem was gone ... for a couple of hours... then it got back :-P

Conclusion: there is some weirdo problem with IE's cache ... for some unknown dumb reason, it sometimes won't expire the cache and keep sending you it's contents ...

If you're using IE, try switching to mozilla, for a try.

Hope this is your problem ... if it is, it's "solved" :-)

Hugz,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 10:07:47AM -0500, J Bilder wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I've recently upgraded to Nagios 1.06b and I've been experiencing problems
> with the Service Problems section. It appears that in the "Service Detail,
> everything seems to be accounted for correctly, but in the Service Problems,
> its displaying old problems that have been resolved. It appears as if they
> were never updated after having been fully checked. Is anyone experiencing
> this? Thanks a lot!
>
> Jeff Bilder
>
> Network Manager
>
> deCODE Genetics, INC