passive services get stale

Daniel Geske daniel.geske at yoc.de
Wed Sep 18 15:45:47 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I used to log everything in nagios, but now, since the amount of services
has grown I have over 30M of logs per day. Therefore I wanted to turn off
some logging options.
But since I turned off logging for passive checks I keep on getting messages
like this in my event log:

[2002-09-18 15:32:16] Warning: The results of service 'service' on host
'host' are stale by 59 seconds (threshold=120 seconds). I'm forcing an
immediate check of the service.

Also, if I turn off logging external commands, they keep on coming, as long
as passive checks are still activated.
If I turn off passive checks logging, and leave external commands logging
active, the event log does not show any external commands anyway.

Yet another problem I experience is that I can't turn off performance data.
It IS set to off in the configuration file, but on the web interface it
shows enabled. Disabling it on the web interface results in the piling up of
nagios processes on the monitoring host.

Has anybody experienced these or similar problems? How can I solve them?

I hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely

Daniel Geske